Do you dream of renovating your kitchen and installing custom cabinets? If so, your main criteria for finding a good manufacturer are product quality and timely completion of the work. But how do you know if the manufacturer you are considering hiring will offer you a quality product and service?
What to look for in a custom kitchen cabinet manufacturer?
When considering having your kitchen cabinets custom made rather than purchasing ready-made cabinets, here’s what to look for in a manufacturer:
- The quality of his work, his reputation and his know-how are impeccable;
- He pays attention to ziolkowska design details during the planning phase;
- It offers its clients flexibility in the design of their projects;
- He knows how to perfectly match joinery, fittings or furniture;
- It uses premium materials, hardware and construction methods.
Questions to Ask a Custom Cabinet Maker
When researching to find a custom , it is important to have in mind the right questions to ask those you contact. Here are some questions you’ll want answered before making your choice:
– Is all the cabinet work done by you, like the doors, or do you order it elsewhere? The answer should be yes because no professional manufacturer would risk ruining their reputation by purchasing mass-produced products.
– Is it possible to get references from your customers and talk to them? The fabricator you are considering hiring should have a long list of references they can direct you to for recommendations on their work.
– Can I see examples of your work that you did more than a few years ago? This is a great question to ask since many manufacturers promote their currently completed projects. However, if you have the opportunity to see works from the past, you will be convinced that his work can stand the test of time.
– Do you do the finishing yourself? Some may do their own finishing or subcontract some of the work to a third party. If they have good quality control to subcontract the finishing work, there should be no problems.
Finally, a custom cabinet maker should have a showroom to display the cabinet options they can create for you. Do not hesitate to ask to visit the workshop or at least the showroom. While there, the manufacturer should be able to answer all your questions and concerns, show you what they can do for you, and how they can transform your kitchen with what they have to offer.
Determine needs and desires to better choose
Before starting the work yourself or submitting your project to a kitchen cabinet manufacturer, it is, to choose well, important to decide what you really want to have, the objectives or desires to accomplish in carrying out the transformation of the cabinets. What look do we want to give to the room? In short, you need to determine the desired overall look of the kitchen cabinets. Once the style has been chosen (contemporary, modern, old-fashioned, etc.), calling on a hoose your new cabinet doors carefully, you should examine each customizable option.
Covering kitchen cabinet doors
To give the cabinets a completely different look, a simple change of door covering will set the tone for the rest. Wood, melamine, thermoplastic… there are so many coatings, all of which can transform kitchen cabinets! In addition, the said material used can make all the difference in the desired style of the future renovated kitchen.
The handle is essential for a kitchen cabinet. It is she who allows us to open the door and take what is inside. Fortunately, a kitchen cabinet manufacturer has several handle options that match any door. Once again, it all depends on the chosen style and its desires. Do we ultimately want a door paved with ergonomics and aesthetics?
Color of kitchen cabinet doors
Door color should be the focal point of any effort to transform your cabinet doors. In fact, there is an impressive amount of color available from a kitchen cabinet manufacturer. How to choose the right one? This must reflect the image of the kitchen and correspond to the predetermined style. A simple touch of color, black or white, can make all the difference and radically transform a cabinet door ! This is why you need to think carefully about the choice of color, and consider all the options so as not to regret it later.