Whether on your laptop, iphone or android phone, Spotify is the most popular streaming app for music. Well, if you are a music lover and regularly search for new songs, then you will have a long search history. Are you frustrated with the list of recently played songs, want to delete them but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry! We are here to provide you with a step-by-step procedure to delete recently played lists on Spotify.
How to delete recently played on Spotify on PC?
If you are using spotify on Windows or Mac, then follow the below-mentioned steps in order:
- Open the spotify app on your Windows/Mac PC.
- At the left side of the screen, there will be a menu.
- Search for the recently played tab in the options and click on it.
- Now, the list of recently played songs or podcasts will be shown on the screen.
- On the right side of the cover of the song, click on the three dots.
- Click on the remove from recently played.
- Repeat the same procedure for every single song, album or podcast you want to delete from the recently played list.
How to Delete Recently Played on Spotify in Android?
If you want to delete spotify recently played on Android, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the spotify app on your android phone.
- On the left side of your screen, click on the recently played tab in the recently played section.
- Look for the songs and albums which you want to delete.
- Click remove from recently played to delete the item.
- Follow the same steps for each item you want to delete from the list.
How to Delete Recently Played on Spotify IOS?
If you are using iPhone and want to delete recently played list from Spotify, this is what you need to do:
- Open the Spotify application on your iPhone.
- Select ‘your library’ tab at the bottom right of the screen.
- After that, click on the Edit button at the right of the recently played section.
- From the recently played section, choose the song/album you want to delete. Then, touch the red circle at the left of the chosen track.
- Click done to remove the item from the list.
- Repeat the same procedure for each song/album/podcast you want to delete.
Nowadays, the procedure to delete recently played songs can only be done on the Spotify application running on the computer. Doesn’t matter whether you are using Android or IOS, you cannot do it at any cost. This option was available on the mobile application as well but spotify recently removed it for some reason.
If you are using the same spotify ID on your computer and PC and you want to remove the recently played on the computer and expect to see it removed on your mobile device, this can’t happen because they both work differently.
Note that spotify computer devices and mobile devices both have different user data which is saved according to the device you are using. Well, your playlist and liked songs will remain the same on both the devices. The only difference you will notice is the played songs and their history.
So, this is the process of deleting recently played from spotify on all the platforms. These steps can help you remove your recently played streams and enjoy your Spotify account the way you want it to be.
Stay connected with us.